1 medium (1 ½ lb.) head of cauliflower, cut into small even sized florets
3 Tbsp filtered water
5 Tbsp arrowroot powder
1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup butter, melted
1 cup paleo buffalo sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Line a half-sheet baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Add breadcrumbs into a wide bowl and set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk together water and arrowroot powder until smooth. It should be thick and sticky like glue. This is the batter.
5. To “batter” the cauliflower florets, dip them one at a time, first into the water/arrowroot powder mixture, ensuring the cauliflower is fully coated, and then place in breadcrumbs, coating all sides. Place on the baking sheet and repeat until all florets have been fully coated.
6. Drizzle half of the melted butter over the top and bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack.
7. Remove from oven and drizzle paleo buffalo sauce on top of each piece (or, you can place all the cauliflower in a bowl, pour buffalo sauce over the top and toss very gently with tongs until fully coated and then return to the pan).
8. Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and use tongs to flip each piece of cauliflower over. Drizzle with the rest of the melted butter and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy watching closely to make sure they don’t burn.
9. Use tongs to transfer the cauliflower “wings” to a serving platter. Serve with celery, carrot sticks, and paleo ranch dressing if desired!
Inspired by Eating by Elaine