1-2 raw, white-fleshed sweet potatoes, unpeeled
Avocado oil, enough for about a ½-inch layer in your skillet
Kosher salt for seasoning
1. Thinly slice white-fleshed sweet potatoes into rounds about 1/16-inch thick (around the thickness of a dime); a mandolin slicer makes this step fast and easy.
2. In a large skillet, heat about ½-inch of avocado oil to around 360° F (use a clip-on thermometer if you have one). Alternatively, stick the handle of a wooden spoon straight down into the heated oil. If bubbles appear around the wood, the oil is hot enough to proceed.
3. Carefully place sliced potatoes in the skillet, being careful not to overcrowd; best to cook in batches. Turn slices occasionally and cook until light golden brown. It usually takes about 2-3 minutes per batch.
4. Remove chips from the hot oil with a slotted spoon and place on a wire rack or paper towels to drain. Quickly sprinkle with kosher salt.
5. Enjoy while hot – and don’t eat too many! They’re addictive!
Inspired by Paleo Newbie