1 large onion, sliced
3 T olive oil, divided
½ T ghee
2 Italian sausages, diced
2 sweet potatoes
10 Brussels sprouts, quartered
3 T fresh rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes, until dark brown and caramelized. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into bite-size pieces. Place into a large bowl with the Brussels sprouts and the remaining two T of olive oil and rosemary.
- In a separate skillet, cook the sausages until browned. Add the cooked onions and sausages to the bowl with the sweet potatoes and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out the sweet potato mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are soft and browned. Place cooked eggs on top and serve.
- Optional: After baking, place the sweet potato hash into a cast iron skillet and make three small wells, filling each with one raw egg. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes at 425°F until the eggs are set.
Inspired by paleogrubs.com/sweet-potato-hash-recipe